(this is a classified ad hosted by newoldcars.com)
- The DX sat one trim level above the base STD, which means it came with an extra 17 hp. Everything else was virtually the same
- Unequal length double wishbone front suspension was inspired by Honda’s Formula One car of the time
- The new 16 valve D15B2 engine revved to 7200 RPM
- The Civic Si wasn’t available until the following year. Only the CRX Si was available in 1988
- First year of the 4th generation Civic
- Now features front double wishbone suspension and independent suspension in the rear
- Wheelbase has increased to 98.4 inches (from 96.5″)
- Body redesigned to provide less drag, with a lower hood line and more rake in the windshield
- First year of the “luxury badge” LX trim
- The following year (1989) came with no notable changes
- Location: San Mateo, California – Vehicle Description Below
- Update: car has sold!
1988 Honda Civic DX Hatchback with 42k original miles
5 speed manual
One owner for 27 years (1988-2015)
Car is 100% stock. Paint is all original.
Original Dealer sticker, PDI checklist, owner’s manual, purchase agreement, consumer protection plan, and warranty books included. All dealer maintenance records since new (big folder). Documented service bulletins completed.
Impeccable maintenance and regular oil change intervals.
New front axles @ 41,814 miles
New rear hatch shocks
Timing Belt, water pump, and thermostat completed @ 37,972 miles, as well as:
Timing belt adjuster
Valve cover gasket
Distributor cap and rotor
Spark plugs/air filter
and much more…..total $1000 service bill
New clutch, pressure plate, bearings, re-surfaced flywheel, and transmission fluid @27,973 miles
New brakes all around w/ fluid flush @ 25,237 miles
New Michelin tires @ 37k miles
Clean history report with no accidents. Passed smog for CA buyers.
Do not have original radio
Paint shines beautifully!
Our family has owned 8 Hondas (mostly from the 80’s and 90’s) and I can tell you this one runs and drives like a brand new Honda.
A link to more pictures is available upon request
Disclaimer: This is a paid classified ad hosted by newoldcars.com. New Old Cars (NOC) is NOT responsible for inaccurate or misleading claims made by the seller. NOC has NOT inspected this car, and there is no guarantee this vehicle meets the criteria of a “new old car” (mint, original, unrestored). It is the sole responsibility of the buyer to verify the car’s authenticity and seller’s statements. Thankfully, our Tech Section will help guide you in the right direction. View our entire Disclaimer page here
To list your own car, contact us HERE.
*SAE rated from factory. May not reflect current output
*Performance numbers pulled from reputable automotive road tests
*Base price when new does not reflect original MSRP of this particular car, nor does it reflect what the original owner paid for it
*Advertised price at time of posting. Sellers can raise or lower prices on their original ad at any time. Click on the original ad to view current price/availability
Mileage Disclaimer: NOC has not confirmed if the mileage stated by the seller is true and accurate. It is up to the buyer to verify these claims. Vehicle history reports, service records stating mileage, and even inspections of odometer tampering are recommended.