- Aluminum bodied limited production sports car featured the drivetrain from the Mustang Cobra, as well as a 50/50 weight distribution
- This is the first production vehicle to utilize Aluminum Super Plastic Forming for its body panels (basically, it allows aluminum to form into incredibly complex shapes without fracturing or deforming)
- Featured the Cobra’s IRS with cantilevered coilovers
- At the time, Panoz Motor Sports Group owned Road Atlanta, Sebring, and the American LeMans series. It also owned and operated its own race team. The classes they wanted to expand to required they produce a certain number of street cars. Hence the Esperante and AIV were born (the AIV was their first street car)
- Despite the racing pedigree, this car was designed to be a supple grand tourer with a luxurious interior
- Significant changes didn’t arrive until 2004 when, for an additional $30k, you could upgrade to a supercharged 420hp GTLM model
- Original paint. All records
- Paint correction and ceramic coating completed
- Mercedes carpeting / Ferrari Leather / Custom-made sport seats ($8300)
- Recently won Best in Class / American Sports Cars in San Clemente Show
- Laguna Niguel, California – View Seller’s Ad
Disclaimer: New Old Cars LLC is not affiliated with or endorsed by Craigslist
For more photos, please see seller’s ad HERE.
To list your own car, contact us HERE.
*SAE rated from factory. May not reflect current output
*Performance numbers pulled from reputable automotive road tests
*Base price when new does not reflect original MSRP of this particular car, nor does it reflect what the original owner paid for it
*Advertised price at time of posting. Sellers can raise or lower prices on their original ad at any time. Click on the original ad to view current price/availability
Mileage Disclaimer: NOC has not confirmed if the mileage stated by the seller is true and accurate. It is up to the buyer to verify these claims. Vehicle history reports, service records stating mileage, and even inspections of odometer tampering are recommended.