Last updated: March 16, 2020
(a) You means the individual accessing or using our service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using our service, as applicable.
(b) Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to New Old Cars LLC.
(c) Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
(d) Account means a unique account created for you to access our Service or parts of our Service.
(e) Website or Site refers to New Old Cars, accessible from newoldcars.com. This site is run and maintained by New Old Cars LLC.
(f) Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by New Old Cars LLC to facilitate the website, to provide the website on behalf of the company, to perform services related to the website or to assist the company in analyzing how the website is used.
(g) Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a user can log in or create an account to use the website.
(h) Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual. For the purposes of the CCPA, Personal Data means any information that identifies, relates to, describes or is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you.
(i) Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
(j) Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of our website or from the site infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
(k) Do Not Track (DNT) is a concept that has been promoted by US regulatory authorities, in particular the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC), for the Internet industry to develop and implement a mechanism for allowing internet users to control the tracking of their online activities across websites.
(l) Business, for the purpose of the CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), refers to the Company as the legal entity that collects Consumers’ personal information and determines the purposes and means of the processing of Consumers’ personal information, or on behalf of which such information is collected and that alone, or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of consumers’ personal information, that does business in the State of California.
(m) Consumer, for the purpose of the CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), means a natural person who is a California resident. A resident, as defined in the law, includes (1) every individual who is in the USA for other than a temporary or transitory purpose, and (2) every individual who is domiciled in the USA who is outside the USA for a temporary or transitory purpose.
(n) Sale, for the purpose of the CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a Consumer’s Personal information to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
1. Email address
2. First name and last name
3. Phone number
4. Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
5. Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using our website.
Usage Data may include information such as your device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access our site by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our site or when you access the site by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. “Persistent” cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while “session” cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies for the purposes set out below:
– Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our website and to enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services.
– Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
– Functionality Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use our website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you use our website.
– Tracking and Performance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Third-Parties
Purpose: These cookies are used to track information about traffic to our site and how users use the website. The information gathered via these cookies may directly or indirectly identify you as an individual visitor. This is because the information collected is typically linked to a pseudonymous identifier associated with the device you use to access our website. We may also use these cookies to test new advertisements, pages, features or new functionality of our site to see how our users react to them.
Use of Your Personal Data
Our company may use personal data for the following purposes:
1. To provide and maintain our website, including to monitor the usage of our website.
2. To manage your account: to manage your registration as a user of our site. The personal data you provide can give you access to different functionalities of our site that are available to you as a registered user.
3. For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services you have purchased or of any other contract with us through our site.
4. To contact you: To contact you by email, phone, text, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication (such as a mobile application’s push notifications) regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products, or services of our website (including security updates) when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
5. To manage your requests: To attend and manage your requests to us.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
1. Service providers: We may share your personal information with service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our website, to show advertisements to you to help support and maintain our site, to contact you, and/or for payment processing.
2. Business transfers: We may share or transfer your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
4. Business partners: We may share your information with any business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
5. Other users: when you share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If you interact with other users or register through a third-party social media service, your contacts on the third-party social media service may see your name, profile, pictures and description of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you and view your profile.
Retention of your personal data
The company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our website, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of your Personal Data
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, New Old Cars may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
Our company may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
(a) Comply with a legal obligation
(b) Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
(c) Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with our website
(d) Protect the personal safety of users of the public or our website
(e) Protect against legal liability
Security of your Personal Data
The security of your personal data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Detailed Information on the Processing of Your Personal Data
Service providers have access to your personal data only to perform their tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our website such as Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our website. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page
We may use your personal data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
We may use email marketing service providers to manage and send emails to you, such as Mailchimp.
We may provide paid products and/or services throughout our website. In that case, we will use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
Your Rights under the CCPA
1. The right to notice. You must be properly notified which categories of personal data are being collected and the purposes for which the personal data is being used.
2. The right to access / the right to request. The CCPA permits you to request and obtain from the company information regarding the disclosure of your personal data that has been collected in the past 12 months by our company or its subsidiaries to a third-party for the third party’s direct marketing purposes.
3. The right to say no to the sale of personal data. You also have the right to ask the company not to sell your personal data to third parties. You can submit such a request by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. The right to know about your personal data. You have the right to request and obtain from our company information regarding the disclosure of the following:
– The categories of personal data collected
– The sources from which the personal data was collected
– The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal data
– Categories of third parties with whom we share personal data
– The specific pieces of personal data we collected about you
5. The right to delete personal data. You also have the right to request the deletion of your personal data that have been collected in the past 12 months.
6. The right not to be discriminated against. You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of your Consumer’s Rights, including by:
– Denying goods or services to you
– Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties
– Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to you
– Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Exercising Your CCPA Data Protection Rights
In order to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, and if you are a California resident, you can email us at email@example.com
Our company will disclose and deliver the required information free of charge within 45 days of receiving your verifiable request. The time period to provide the required information may be extended once by an additional 45 days when reasonable necessary and with prior notice.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
We do not sell personal information. However, the service providers we partner with (for example, our advertising partners) may use technology that “sells” personal information as defined by the CCPA law.
If you wish to opt out of the use of your personal information for interest-based advertising purposes and these potential sales as defined under CCPA law, you may do so by following the instructions below.
Please note that any opt out is specific to the browser you use. You may need to opt out on every browser that you use.
Your mobile device may give you the ability to opt out of the use of information about the apps you use in order to serve you ads that are targeted to your interests:
– “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” or “Opt out of Ads Personalization” on Android devices
– “Limit Ad Tracking” on iOS devices
You can also stop the collection of location information from your mobile device by changing the preferences on your mobile device.
“Do Not Track” Policy as Required by California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
This website does not respond to Do Not Track signals.
However, some third party websites do keep track of your browsing activities. If you are visiting such websites, you can set your preferences in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable DNT by visiting the preferences or settings page of your web browser.
Our service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
We also may limit how we collect, use, and store some of the information of users between 13 and 18 years old. If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information, we may require your parent’s consent before we collect and use that information.
Your California Privacy Rights (California Business and Professions Code Section 22581)
California Business and Professions Code section 22581 allow California residents under the age of 18 who are registered users of online sites, services or applications to request and obtain removal of content or information they have publicly posted.
To request removal of such data, and if you are a California resident, you can contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account.
Be aware that your request does not guarantee complete or comprehensive removal of content or information posted online and that the law may not permit or require removal in certain circumstances.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
– By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– By visiting our Contact page