- The original Super Sport truck!
- Featured a 4.10:1 rear end and a 12.7:1 fast steering ratio
- The 7.4 liter, 454 cubic inch V8 came straight from Chevrolet’s heavy duty trucks
- Came equipped with a heavy duty radiator, Bilstein shocks, and front anti-roll bar
- Featured the “luxury” interior trim from the Silverado, as well as bolstered sport seats
- Only short-bed, standard-cab C1500s were fitted with the 454 SS package (RPO B4U)
- This is the first year you could order a 454 SS in a color combo other than Onyx Black over Garnet Red interior. Specifically, Summit White and Victory Red could be ordered, as well as a grey interior.
- All 1991 and newer models saw quite a few changes, including a bump to 255 hp and 405 lb-ft (from 1990’s 230hp/385 ft lbs)
- The Turbo Hydramatic 3spd Auto trans used in 1990 was replaced with a 4spd Automatic (4L80E) in 1991 and newer models. In addition, the rear gearing was swapped from a 3.73:1 to a 4.10:1
- The result of upgrades meant the 1991+ 454 SS could hit 60mph in 7.1 seconds (vs 7.8 for 1990). The quarter mile time, however, was virtually the same
- 1991 and newer models came with a dash tachometer. The 1990 model did not
- 45,921 original miles
- Contact seller for more details
- Location: Brownsville, Texas – (more photos below)
- UPDATE: ad is no longer available (sold or no longer available)
(UPDATE: This car is sold or no longer available)
To list your own car, contact us HERE.
*SAE rated from factory. May not reflect current output
*Performance numbers pulled from reputable automotive road tests
*Base price when new does not reflect original MSRP of this particular car, nor does it reflect what the original owner paid for it
*Advertised price at time of posting. Sellers can raise or lower prices on their original ad at any time. Click on the original ad to view current price/availability
Mileage Disclaimer: NOC has not confirmed if the mileage stated by the seller is true and accurate. It is up to the buyer to verify these claims. Vehicle history reports, service records stating mileage, and even inspections of odometer tampering are recommended.