- The engine (code S70B56) was related to the engine used in the famed McLaren F1 (code S70/2). The complex engine requires two computers, one for each bank
- Featured a “Variable Throttle Linkage” controlled by buttons on the dash (“S” for Sport, “K” for Comfort). Sport provides a more aggressive throttle action, while Comfort provides a smoother, softer control
- Utilizes a variable redline for RPM control. 1st and 2nd gear is limited to 6400 rpm, 3rd is 6200, 4th is 6100, 5th is 6000, and 6th is a mere 5150 rpm. This was to prolong engine life, as a new short block can run upwards of $18k
- The 850i it was based off of was the first production car to utilize a CAN (Controller Area Network). This substantially reduced the number of wires throughtout the car, reducing weight and complexity
- The CSi was only offered with a manual transmission
- Compared to the 850ci, the 850CSi had lighter pistons, increased displacement, increased compression, more aggressive valve timing, less restrictive exhaust, and a variable RPM limit. BMW Motorsport specified stronger front hubs, stiffer shocks and shorter springs, and speed sensitive power steering
- 1994 MY changes were limited to exterior colors only. Arctic Silver and Cosmos Black became options.
- There were no major mechanical changes to the 850CSi during the three and a half years that it was produced
- Factory 6spd in Hellrot Red
- 18 inch staggered M parallel wheels
- Original medical kit box
remains in the rear arm rest with all the original medical supplies
- All stock except for Dinan catback exhaust and wheels
- Pop up headlights work flawlessly
- Location: Miami, Florida – View Seller’s Ad
Disclaimer: New Old Cars LLC is not affiliated with or endorsed by Hemmings
For more photos, please see seller’s ad HERE.
To list your own car, contact us HERE.
*SAE rated from factory. May not reflect current output
*Performance numbers pulled from reputable automotive road tests
*Base price when new does not reflect original MSRP of this particular car, nor does it reflect what the original owner paid for it
*Advertised price at time of posting. Sellers can raise or lower prices on their original ad at any time. Click on the original ad to view current price/availability